Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
Before you jump to Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup, you might want to read this short appealing nutritious suggestions about Wholesome Cooking Is Essential for Families
In regards to cooking wholesome meals for the families, there’s always some level of dissention among the ranks. The fantastic thing is that there are recipes that have become healthy but the nutritious nature of these recipes is significantly disguised. What they don’t know in such instances shouldn’t bring harm their manner (outside allergies, which will never be ignored).
Healthy cooking is often difficult because many people do not wish to spend some time preparing and planning meals which our families will not eat. At the exact same timewe want our families to be healthy so we feel pressured to learn new and improved methods of cooking healthy foods for the family to enjoy (and unfortunately in some circumstances scorn).
Cooking healthy isn’t an overnight shift; it is a lifestyle change that should be implemented one step at the same time. You do not need to go into your kitchen and through out every small thing which you deem’Bad’ simply work to not buy these items when they’ve been used. Make wiser decisions when purchasing fats for food prep and also you will realize that you have made a vitally important phase in the procedure for integrating healthful cooking and eating customs at house.
It’s those tiny steps you take towards your objective of cooking well balanced meals for the family that will matter far more than any creature leap. Before you understand it you will discover that you have more energy and a greater sense of general wellbeing than you would have envisioned before changing up your cooking customs. If that isn’t sufficient to encourage you nevertheless, you can always check out the excuse to shop for new clothes after you drop a size or 2.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- Prepare of Dark-meat chicken 2lbs (I prefer bone on to later make bone broth).
- Get of Onion- 1/2 large, 1 whole small.
- Get of Carrots- 2 whole peeled, thin circle slices.
- Take of Celery- 2 whole stalks diced.
- Make ready of Garlic- 2-4 cloves (or however much you prefer), chopped.
- Make ready 3 cups of veggies of your choice (I used left over corn, peas, spinach, and mushrooms).
- Prepare of Wild Rice- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal-prep).
- Prepare of Black Beans- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal prep).
Steps to make Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- In our house, all soups start with the same basic formula (onion, celery, carrot, garlic and bone broth- Love ya mom!). Gather these ingredients and find a heavy pot (we use a cast iron stock pot), but use what you have..
- Prepare your protein (chicken in this case) by searing it in butter or any oil you choose covered (in the soup pot if you want to save on dishes!). This step helps the protein to retain its natural moisture content and prevent that rubbery texture of say…of boiled chicken, yuck!.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool. Toss it into a bowl, plate etc..
- Add a bit more butter/oil to the pot, set to medium heat and toss in the diced onion, carrot, celery till tender (5 mins or so), then add chopped garlic for a minute or two… stirring so it doesn't burn. We stay on medium heat for the rest of the process..
- Add stock. Add leftovers. Add chicken. Add spices and whatever else you want to the pot..
- Simmer for a few… 10-20 minutes depending on what you had for leftovers. Taste test. Serve hot. (Maybe with an ice cube for the littles).
- Enjoy with fam..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!