Chicken Katsu Curry.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken katsu curry. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Katsu Curry is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Katsu Curry is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Before you soar to Chicken Katsu Curry, you may want to look at this quick intriguing healthier tips about Cooking Basics for Beginners
In regards to cooking, it is very important to keep in mind that everybody else started somewhere. I do not know of a single person who came to be with a wooden cooking spoon and ready to go. There’s a good deal of learning that must be done as a way to become prolific cook and there is always room for improvement. Not only do you need to begin with the basics in terms of cooking however, you almost need to start if understanding how to cook a brand new cuisine such as Chinese, Chinese, Thai, or Indian food.
This usually means at any particular time in your cooking cycles there’s quite probably some one somewhere that’s worse or better at cooking more compared to you. Take heart from this because even the best have bad days when it comes to cooking. There are a number of men and women who cook for several factors. Some cook as a way to eat and live while others cook simply because they actually like the whole process of cooking. Some cook during times of emotional trauma and others cookout of utter boredom. Whatever your reason behind cooking or learning to cook you need to begin with the basics.
The fantastic news is that as soon as you’ve learned the basics of cooking it is unlikely you will ever have to relearn them. This means you can constantly buildup and expand your own cooking abilities. Since you find new recipes and better your culinary abilities and talents you will realize that preparing your own meals from scratch is a whole lot more rewarding than preparing prepackaged meals that are purchased from the shelves of your regional supermarkets.
Additionally you will find as your experience and confidence grows that you will see yourself more and more frequently improvising when you proceed and adjusting recipes to fulfill your own personal preferences. If you’d like less or more of ingredients or would like to generate a recipe somewhat less or more spicy in flavor that can be made simple alterations on the way in order to achieve this objective. Quite simply you will start in time to create meals of your personal. And that’s something that you won’t fundamentally learn when it has to do with basic cooking skills to newbies however you would never know if you didn’t master those basic cooking skills.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have chicken katsu curry using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- Get of Chicken Katsu.
- Take 2 of Chicken Breasts (pounded until thin).
- Get 1 of Egg.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of Flour.
- Take 3/4 cup of Japanese Panko-Style Breadcrumbs.
- Make ready 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- Get 1 cup of Cooking Oil (for frying).
- Take of Curry.
- Make ready 1/2 packages of Vermont Mild Japanese Curry Sauce (comes with two curry sauce cubes in a package).
- Get 2 large of Potatoes (or 3 medium potatoes).
- Take 1 large of White Onion.
- Take 2 medium of Carrots.
- Get 3 clove of Minced Garlic (optional).
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 of Scallions (for garnish).
- Make ready 3 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
Instructions to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- For the curry, peel (optional) and cut up potatoes into wedges. Dice the onion. Peel and chop up the carrots. Mince the garlic..
- In a stewing pot, add oil and garlic in the pot and heat up the garlic and oil at the same time to infuse garlic taste..
- When the garlic starts to turn a golden color, add in diced onion and cook until onion is translucent..
- When the onion starts to take on a little color, add in potatoes, carrots, and water. Bring to a boil..
- When the soup comes to a boil, turn down the heat and leave it to simmer for about 30 minutes our until the potatoes are knife-tender..
- After the potatoes become tender, break up the curry cubes and add to the pot of veggies. Turn down the heat to low and stir the curry into the soup to thicken. Stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. (I'm using Vermont brand curry sauce, but you can definitely use any other curry sauce recipe you like).
- While the curry is thickening, start pounding both chicken breasts flat with either the smooth side of a meat tenderizer, a rolling pin, or the palm of your hands! (Great stress reliever)..
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper..
- Separate the flour, egg (cracked and beaten), and panko in three different shallow plates. Start dredging and chicken. Toss the chicken in the flour until coated, shake off any excess flour, and soak in the beaten egg until covered. Pick up the chicken and then toss the chicken in the bread crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chicken. Repeat with other chicken breast let the chicken rest while the oil is heating..
- Heat the oil in a high-side pan on medium heat. To tell if the oil is ready, drop a bread crumb into the oil and watch for a light crackle sound. Drop the chicken in the oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and slice into strips..
- Serve your curry on a bed of fluffy rice and top with crispy chicken and sliced scallions. Voila!.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken katsu curry recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!