Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp.
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, japanese katsu curry – chicken, pork & shrimp. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Before you bounce to Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp, you might want to read this quick attention-grabbing balanced recommendations about Easy and quick Lunches for the Cooking Challenged
Let’s face it, cooking isn’t a priority in the lives of every man, woman, or child on Earth. In fact, far too folks have forced understanding how to cook important within their own lives. Which means that we usually exist on convenience foods and boxed mixes rather than taking your time and time to prepare healthy food for the families and our own personal enjoyment.
The same is true for lunches when we often resort to a can of soup or box of macaroni and cheese or any other similar product instead of putting our creative efforts into making an instant and easy yet delicious lunch. You will notice many thoughts in this article and the hope is that these ideas won’t only get you off to a fantastic beginning for finishing the lunch rut most of us seem to find ourselves at at some time or another but and to try new things all on your own.
Lettuce wraps. These mike delightfully flavorful lunch treats and the filling may be prepared in advance, which renders only reheating the filling and wrapping when you’re all set to eat. This is just a fun lunch to talk with your kids plus it teaches them that lettuce is quite a bit more versatile than people frequently give it credit for being. Some individuals decide to go with a teriyaki motivated filling; my family likes taco motivated fillings for the lettuce rolls. You’re perfectly free to come up with a favorite meeting of your very own.
While this is by no means the end all be all guide to cooking easy and quick lunches it is good food for thought. The hope is that this will get your own creative juices flowing so that you could prepare wonderful lunches for the family without needing to do too terribly much heavy cooking in the practice.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have japanese katsu curry – chicken, pork & shrimp using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- Take of KATSU FRY:.
- Prepare 1 piece of Chicken Breast.
- Take 7 pieces of Shrimp.
- Get 2 pieces of Pork Cutlet.
- Take 1-2 pieces of Egg.
- Get 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Take 1 cup of Breadcrumbs.
- Make ready 2 cups of Oil.
- Prepare of Iodized Salt.
- Make ready of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of CURRY SAUCE:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 of bulb Garlic.
- Prepare 2 pieces of White Onion.
- Take 2 pieces of Carrot.
- Get 2 pieces of Potato.
- Take 1 piece of Red Bell Pepper.
- Take 1 liter of Water.
- Prepare 4 cubes of Curry Roux.
- Make ready 3 tbsps of Honey.
- Get 3 tbsps of Tomato Ketchup.
- Make ready of SIDES:.
- Prepare 3 cups of Rice.
- Take 3 pieces of Egg.
- Take of Fukujinzuke.
Instructions to make Japanese Katsu Curry – Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the carrot and potatoes into cubes, about 1-inch thick. Cut the bell pepper into squares, about 3/4-inch. ©homebasedchef.
- COOK THE CURRY SAUCE: Heat the pot over medium-high heat (160C). Add oil and sauté the garlic, followed by the onion. Add the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add 1L of water and boil for about 10 minutes. Lower down the heat (120C) and add in the curry roux. Mix very well to make sure that the curry roux are all diluted..
- Add in the honey and tomato ketchup and mix well. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure that the sauce doesn't stick on the bottom of the pot. The sauce will start to thicken. Turn the heat to low (70C) and continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes until the carrots and potatoes are cooked to your desired tenderness. You'll notice that the potatoes become smaller compared to its original cut size; the starch of the potato actually helps thicken the sauce..
- PREPARE THE MEATS FOR THE KATSU FRY: Make sure to wash the chicken, shrimp and pork with clean water and then drain them. To split the chicken breast in half: Place the boneless skinless chicken breast on a cutting board and hold it flat with your non-dominant hand. Then using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces. Season with salt and pepper..
- To butterfly the shrimp: Pull off the heads and legs then peel off the shell leaving the tails on. Gently run the knife at the shrimp's back and remove the digestive tract or vein by lifting it out or by using a paper towel. If the vein breaks, run water through it to clean. Then make shallow slits on the shrimp to flatten and spread it like butterfly wings. Season with salt and pepper..
- To tenderize the pork: Make sure you have removed the skin to avoid curling when frying. Use the mallet to break up the muscle fibers of the meat. Do this on both sides of the meat until the thickness is reduced to half. If you don't have a mallet, you can use: a knife, a fork or your fist. Season with salt and pepper..
- BREAD THE MEAT: Prepare your breading assembly line. You need three bowls or containers – for all-purpose flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Cover the meat in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the meat in the egg. Cover the meat in breadcrumbs..
- COOK THE KATSU FRY: Heat frying oil in a pan. Make sure it is hot enough before you place your meat in it. To test, when you see the oil producing bubbles on the surface of the pan, drop a small piece of breadcrumb. If the oil reacts as desired, you can start frying. If the sample breadcrumb seems to absorb to oil, wait a bit til the oil is ready. Deep fry the meat until golden brown, make sure to flip on the other side for even cooking… chicken, shrimp and pork are pretty fast to cook..
- SERVE TO YOUR FAMILY: Curry is best served with steamed rice! Grab a plate, scoop a cup of steamed rice and spread it on the left part of the plate. Scoop a portion of the curry sauce, make sure to include potatoes, carrots and bell pepper and place it on the right part of the plate overlapping some of the rice. Place your preferred katsu meat on top of the curry sauce. And for the sides, you can add soft-boiled egg and fukujinzuke or pickled daikon radish. YUM!.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food japanese katsu
curry – chicken, pork & shrimp recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!