Korean fried chicken.
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, korean fried chicken. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Korean fried chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Korean fried chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Before you leap to Korean fried chicken, you might want to read this short attention-grabbing healthful ideas about Healthful Cooking Is Crucial for Families
In regards to cooking healthful meals for the own families, there is definitely some degree of dissention among the ranks. The fantastic thing is that there are recipes that have become healthy but the wholesome nature of the recipes is somewhat concealed. What they don’t know in these instances truly should not bring harm their way (out of allergies, which should never be ignored).
Healthy cooking is often difficult as many people don’t desire to spend time planning and preparing meals our families refuse to eat. At exactly the same time, we need our families to be healthier so we are feeling compelled to understand new and improved ways of cooking healthy foods for the family to love (and regrettably in some scenarios scorn).
Together with weight and nutrition known as the culprit in a lot of health issues it’s not possible to dismiss the significance of not eating ourselves but also of teaching our children the importance of eating healthy. One way to assure your loved ones are infact eating healthy is to make sure you are cooking healthy and nutritious foods to them. This doesn’t mean that you cannot enjoy the occasional calorie splurge and sometimes even you shouldn’t. The trick to cooking healthy is learning to control elements and understanding the value of moderation.
It’s those tiny measures that you take towards your aim of cooking well balanced meals for your family which will matter a lot greater than any creature leap. Before you know it you will realize that you have greater energy and a greater understanding of general wellbeing than you would have envisioned before changing your cooking customs. If this is not sufficient to encourage you nevertheless, you can check out the excuse to go shopping for new clothes when you drop a size or 2.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook korean fried chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Korean fried chicken:
- Prepare 2 of # chicken (I used wings and drumettes).
- Get 1/2 cup of potato starch (you can sub tapioca or corn starch).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- Take 1 tbsp of fresh garlic.
- Take 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of gochujang paste (can sub Sriracha or sambal).
- Make ready 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Get 1 oz of Mirin (can sub rice wine vin or similar).
- Make ready 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Make ready 1 quart of grapeseed oil (can sub oil of your choice) for frying.
- Make ready of Salt and Pepper.
Steps to make Korean fried chicken:
- Heat your oil to 350°- 375°.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl put your potato starch. Individually coat your chicken..
- While oil is hot, fry your chicken for 12-14 minutes. You're going to double fry**.
- In a skillet, heat your sesame oil. Add your garlic, ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add your mirin, soy sauce and gochujang. Simmer for 5 minutes and add your brown sugar at the the last minute..
- After you're 12 minutes of frying the chicken, pull out of the oil and let sit for 1 minute. Add your chicken back into the oil and fry for an additional 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. (This assures your chicken is super crispy).
- After your chicken is fried for the second time, toss in your sauce or serve it on the side and enjoy! You can also garnish with sesame seeds and scallions if you want more presentation..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food korean fried chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!