Shrimp and sausage jambalaya. While true jambalaya is really more of a thicker rice stew than a soup, it's one of those dishes that more stock can be added to easily make it into a soup recipe. Try our take on this Southern classic – Shrimp and Sausage Jamabalaya recipe, made with TABASCO® Original Red Sauce. Shrimp-and-Sausage Jambalaya. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
This Jambalaya is flavor city, with smoked andouille sausage and shrimp, the Cajun holy trinity of onions, peppers, and celery, fire roasted tomatoes, and more. It's a hearty one-pot meal that makes for great leftovers! Typical, but I fell in love with Jambalaya on a trip to New Orleans over a decade ago.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, shrimp and sausage jambalaya. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Shrimp and sausage jambalaya is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Shrimp and sausage jambalaya is something that I have loved my entire life.
While true jambalaya is really more of a thicker rice stew than a soup, it's one of those dishes that more stock can be added to easily make it into a soup recipe. Try our take on this Southern classic – Shrimp and Sausage Jamabalaya recipe, made with TABASCO® Original Red Sauce. Shrimp-and-Sausage Jambalaya. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Before you jump to Shrimp and sausage jambalaya, you may want to look at this brief exciting healthier tips about Fast and Simple Lunches for the Cooking Challenged
Let us face it, cooking is not just a top priority in the lives of every person, woman, or child on the planet. In fact, far too people have made learning to cook important within their own lives. Which usually means that people often exist on convenience foods and boxed mixes rather than taking your time and effort to prepare healthful food to the families and our own personal enjoyment.
The same holds true for lunches when we usually add to your can of soup or even box of macaroni and cheese or some other similar product instead of putting our creative efforts into making an instant and easy yet delicious lunch. You will notice many thoughts in this article and the hope is that these ideas will not just get you off to a great start for ending the lunch R-UT most of us seem to find ourselves at at a certain time or another but also to use new things all on your own.
To begin with, maybe not all terrific lunches require actual cooking in order to prepare. A number of them will require using the microwave and a few of them are going to want to get cooked or at least prepared in advance and reheated. The options are virtually limitless as soon as you understand the creative concept that must be set up. You should also find that many of these thoughts are so simple that you will wonder why in the world you haven’t ever looked at them. I certainly hope that a few of these thoughts will end up chief features within your home.
While that is in no way the end all be guide to cooking easy and quick lunches it is great food for thought. The stark reality is that this will get your own creative juices flowing so you can prepare wonderful lunches for your own family without the need to complete too terribly much heavy cooking in the process.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shrimp and sausage jambalaya using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp and sausage jambalaya:
- Make ready of jambalaya.
- Make ready 8 oz of mild sausage, cut into 1 " chunks.
- Prepare 8 oz of raw large shrimp, shelled, deveined.
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Make ready 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Make ready 1/2 of celery stalk, thinly sliced.
- Take 4 of crushed cloves of garlic.
- Get 1 of medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- Get 2 of green onions, sliced. Not the dark green part though.
- Get 1/2 cup of thawed frozen corn.
- Get 1/2 cup of thawed frozen peas.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of salt.
- Get 1/2 tsp of sriracha sauce.
- Make ready 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 20 oz of heated chicken broth, may need more to ensure tender rice.
- Take 9 oz of uncooked basmati rice, rinsed until water runs clear.
The combo of sausage, chicken, and shrimp with Creole seasoning and rice is always a winner in my book. The final cooking time might vary a bit depending on your exact slow. This was my first jambalaya recipe and it was perfect. I got the recipe from someone's web site ( www.colpean.com).
Steps to make Shrimp and sausage jambalaya:
- In a large saute pan,on medium heat, add oil. Once oil is hot add sausage and cook until it is almost cooked through. Will take several minutes..
- Add in onion cooking another two minutes..
- Add celery, garlic and bell pepper, cook an additional two minutes..
- Add peas and corn and rice, cook an additional two minutes..
- Add in spices, sriracha,stir then add hot broth. Adding hot broth keeps the cooking temperature stable..
- Cover and cook 15 minutes. Now add shrimp, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. About 5 more minutes. Check after 5 and see if rice is cooked. If not, add more hot broth and cover a few more minutes..
- Toss in green onion, and serve!.
- NOTE******Using a basmati rice makes for a more flavorful dish and it absorbs liquids beautifully..
- Rice amount is equivalent to 1 1/4 cups..
- Recipe by taylor68too.
Season shrimp with salt and cayenne. Cook until rice is tender, liquid is absorbed and shrimp is pink. Jambalaya makes a great one-pot dish. To round out the menu, serve with warmed cornbread or a French baguette and a tossed green salad. Andouille sausage is a French-Creole smoked sausage made with pork and spices.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food shrimp and sausage jambalaya recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!