Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Before you decide to bounce to Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO, you might want to read this small attention-grabbing wholesome suggestions about Quick and Easy Lunches for the Cooking Challenged
Let’s face it, cooking isn’t a high priority in the lives of every man, woman, or child on the planet. In actuality, way too people have left understanding how to cook important within their lives. This means that people often exist on convenience foods and boxed mixes rather than just taking the time to prepare healthful food to our families and our own personal enjoyment.
The same is true for lunches when we usually resort to your can of soup or even box of macaroni and cheese or any other similar product as opposed to putting our creative efforts into creating an instant and easy yet delicious lunch. You will see many ideas in this article and the expectation is that these ideas won’t just allow you to get off to a wonderful start for finishing the lunch rut we all seem to find ourselves in at any point or another but also to try new things on your own.
Lettuce wraps. All these mike delightfully flavorful lunch snacks as well as the filling can be ready beforehand, which renders only reheating the filling and wrap when you’re prepared to eat. This is actually a fun lunch to share with your children plus it educates them that lettuce is far more elastic than people often give it credit for being. Many people choose to choose a teriyaki inspired filling; my family likes taco inspired fillings for our lettuce rolls. You’re absolutely free to think of a favourite filling of your personal.
While this is in no way the end all be all guide to cooking easy and quick lunches it’s great food for thought. The expectation is that will get your creative juices flowing so you are able to prepare excellent lunches for the own family without needing to complete too much heavy cooking at the process.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO:
- Make ready 3 large of boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
- Prepare 1 lb of smoked sausage.
- Take 1 lb of med shrimp deveined and peeled (doesnt go in until the end).
- Take 5 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- Make ready 3 of stalks chopped celery.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Take 1/4 bunch of flat leafed parsley, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 5 cup of hot water.
- Take 5 of beef bouillon cubes.
- Get 1 can of stewed tomatoes w/juice.
- Prepare 2 cup of frozen sliced okra.
- Make ready 3 of green onions, white part as well.
- Get 1 dash of of cayenne pepper.
Instructions to make Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large (heavy bottomed) pot, over medium-high heat..
- Cook chicken until browned on both sides, remove..
- Cook sausage until browned on both sides, remove..
- *Roux- Sprinkle the flour over the oil, add 2 tablespoons of margarine and cook over medium-heat. Stirring constantly, until brown, about 10 minutes..
- Return the pot to low heat and melt the remaining 3 tablespoons margarine. Add onion, garlic, green pepper and celery. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, to taste and the 1/4 bunch parsley..
- Cook while stirring frequently for about 10 minutes..
- Add 5 cups of hot water and beef bouillon cubes. Whisk constantly. *for thicker gumbo, 4 cups of hot water.
- Add chicken and sausage, bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- Add tomatoes (w/juice) and okra. Stir, then cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Just before serving add green onions, and shrimp. Let stand 5 minutes..
- Enjoy!!! With rice or crackers, however you prefer. Or just straight up..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!