Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, cajun-inspired shrimp & sausage. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Before you decide to bounce to Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage, you may want to read this quick interesting healthy guidelines about Quick and Easy Lunches for the Cooking Challenged
Let’s face it, cooking isn’t a priority from the lifestyles of every man, woman, or child on Earth. In fact, much too folks have made understanding how to cook a priority in their lives. Which usually means that people frequently rely on foods and boxed mixes rather than taking the effort to prepare healthy food to our families and our personal enjoyment.
The same is true for lunches whenever we often add to a can of soup or box of macaroni and cheese or any other such product as opposed to putting our creative efforts into making an instant and easy yet delicious lunch. You will notice many ideas in this article and the hope is that these ideas won’t just get you off to a terrific beginning for finishing the lunch R-UT all of us look for ourselves in at any point or another but also to use new things all on your very own.
To start with, perhaps not all of excellent lunches require actual cooking in order to prepare. Some of them will require the use of this microwave and some of them will need to be cooked or at least prepared in advance and reheated. Your choices are virtually limitless when you comprehend the creative concept that must be in place. You also need to find that many of these thoughts are so simple you may wonder why on earth you have never considered them. I certainly hope that some of these ideas will end up main features within your own home.
While this is by no means the end all be guide to cooking easy and quick lunches it is very good food for thought. The stark reality is that will get your creative juices flowing so that you are able to prepare wonderful lunches for the own family without needing to perform too much heavy cooking from the process.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cajun-inspired shrimp & sausage using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage:
- Make ready 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, minced.
- Make ready 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 2 Tablespoons of butter at first, plus 1 to 2 Tablespoons butter to thicken sauce later.
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Get 3 of tomatoes, cut into a 1/4-inch dice.
- Take of the zest of a lemon.
- Take 6 oz. of Andouille or other smoked sausage, cut into 1/4" thick slices (They usually come in 12 to 13.5 ounce packages, so ~ half.).
- Prepare 1-4 teaspoons of cayenne, depending on how hot you like things.
- Take 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2-1 teaspoon of kosher salt (depending on how salty the sausage you use and how salty you like your food).
- Make ready 2.5 pounds of shrimp (I recommend at least a 21/25 count).
- Prepare 1 of +1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 of green onions chopped for garnish.
- Prepare of lemon wedges.
Instructions to make Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage:
- In a large pan or pot, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter with 1 Tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes and lemon zest and saute until the onions are translucent..
- Turn the heat up to medium high, add sausage, cayenne, salt and pepper, and saute until the sausages are lightly browned on both sides..
- Add the shrimp, chicken stock, and 1 Tablespoon of butter and stir to scrape all the fond from the pan and distribute all the ingredients and seasonings evenly..
- Let the shrimp cook for 4 or 5 minutes before stirring again to redistribute them and cook another 5 to 7 minutes, or until all the shrimp just turn orange from cooking through, no longer..
- Serve sprinkled with chopped green onion and some steamed rice or crusty bread on the side to enjoy all that delicious resulting sauce and soppage. Lemon wedges on the side if you like a little extra tang with your shrimp like we do..
- Enjoy! :).
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food cajun-inspired shrimp & sausage recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!