Ajiaco | Chicken Creamy Soup.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, ajiaco | chicken creamy soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Before you jump to Ajiaco
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ajiaco | chicken creamy soup using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ajiaco | Chicken Creamy Soup:
- Make ready 3 pounds of chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of vegetable oil.
- Make ready 3 of minced garlic cloves.
- Get 1/2 of chopped medium onion.
- Make ready 10 of "papa criollas" (petite).
- Get 3 of Yukon gold potates or "papa amarilla", peeled & cut in 4.
- Prepare 2 of Russet or white potatoes, peeled & cut in 4.
- Get 5 of fresh corns, cut in 2 pieces.
- Get 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Get 1/2 cup of guascas.
- Get 1 bunch of scallions, chopped.
- Make ready 10 cups of chicken broth.
- Take 5 cups of water.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of a dried oregano.
- Get 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of capers.
- Prepare 3 of avocados (optional).
- Get to taste of Salt and black pepper.
Steps to make Ajiaco | Chicken Creamy Soup:
- Place the chicken breast (in strips), chicken broth, water, garlic, onion, cilantro, scallions, oil, and salt and pepper into a large pot. Boil them over medium-high heat for about 35mins, or until the chicken is cooked and tender..
- Add to the pot the three types of potatoes (yellow, white, and creole), and guascas. Cook for 20mins more. Make sure that the “papa amarilla” has melted with the soup..
- Correct with salt and pepper as needed. Add the cilantro and oregano on top. Serve it with capers, heavy cream, and pieces of avocado on the side..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food ajiaco | chicken creamy soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!