'Chatti Pathiri' – Layered Pathiri – Indian Lasagna.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, 'chatti pathiri' – layered pathiri – indian lasagna. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
'Chatti Pathiri' – Layered Pathiri – Indian Lasagna is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. 'Chatti Pathiri' – Layered Pathiri – Indian Lasagna is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Before you leap to 'Chatti Pathiri' – Layered Pathiri – Indian Lasagna, you might want to look at this shorter attention-grabbing healthful strategies about Cooking Basics for Newbies
In regards to cooking, it’s crucial to take into account that everybody else started somewhere. I don’t know of a single person who came to be with a wooden cooking spoon and ready to go. There’s a whole lot of learning that must be completed in order to become prolific cook and there is definitely room for improvement. Not only can you will need to start with the basics when it comes to cooking however, you nearly should begin again if learning to cook a brand new cuisine such as Chinese, Indian, Thai, or Indian food.
Which means that at any given time in your cooking cycle cycles there’s quite probably somebody somewhere that’s worse or better in cooking compared to you personally. Take heart from this because the most effective have bad days in terms of cooking. There are a lot of people who cook for different factors. Some cook in order to eat and live although some cook because they actually like the process of ingestion. Some cook through the times of emotional upheaval among others cook out of utter boredom. Whatever your reason behind cooking or understanding how to cook you should always begin with the fundamentals.
The first thing which you want to master is the different terminology you will find in recipes actually means. There are lots of new and at times foreign sounding terms that you may find in recipes that are common. These terms can mean the difference in recipe success or failure. You should be able to obtain a good section in any inclusive cookbook which explains different definitions for unfamiliar terminology. If you’re not entirely sure what’s meant by”folding into the eggs” it is in your interests to look it up.
You will also discover as your experience and confidence grows that you will see yourself increasingly more usually improvising as you proceed and adjusting recipes to meet your own personal preferences. If you prefer less or more of ingredients or wish to generate a recipe a little more or less spicy in flavor that can be made simple adjustments on the way in order to attain this goal. Quite simply you will start in time to create snacks of one’s individual. And that’s something you wont of necessity learn when it has to do with basic cooking skills to novices however you would never learn if you didn’t master those simple cooking skills.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook 'chatti pathiri' – layered pathiri – indian lasagna using 24 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make 'Chatti Pathiri' – Layered Pathiri – Indian Lasagna:
- Take of For the pancakes/crepes.
- Take 1 of and 1/2 cups – All purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 of – Egg.
- Get of Salt.
- Get of Water.
- Prepare of For the Masala Filling.
- Make ready 1/2 of Kg- Chicken Boneless.
- Prepare 7 of small – Onion.
- Get 6 of – Green chilly.
- Make ready 3 Tsp of – Ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of – Turmeric powder.
- Make ready 3/4 Tsp of – Red Chilly powder.
- Take 1 Tbsp of (I used eastern Chicken Masala) – Chicken Masala.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of – Garam Masala.
- Make ready 1/4 of Tsp- Fennel powder.
- Take 2 Sprigs of – Curry Leaves chopped.
- Make ready 1/2 of cup- Coriander Leaves chopped.
- Get of Salt.
- Take of Ghee – melted.
- Make ready of For the coating.
- Make ready 5 of – Eggs.
- Take 2 Tbsp of – Milk.
- Make ready 1/4 Tsp of – Pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt -.
Instructions to make 'Chatti Pathiri' – Layered Pathiri – Indian Lasagna:
- Masala Preparation.
- Boil chicken pieces with little salt, turmeric and pepper powder. Let the chicken absorb all the water. Cool it down and shred/cut into pieces..
- In a pan heat oil, add finely chopped onion and green chillies. Fry till onions turns translucent and little brown..
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Sauté till the raw smell goes. Add a sprig of chopped curry leaves to it..
- Add the masala powders and salt to it. Sauté well for few minutes. Now add the shredded chicken to it. Mix well and cook closed for 5 minutes.The masala should be a dry. Garnish with coriander leaves. Remove from fire and keep aside to cool..
- Making Pancakes/Crepes.
- Mix flour,egg,salt and enough water in a blender. Blend it to a thin batter. Now heat a nonstick pan on a medium heat. Pour a ladle full of batter to the pan and swirl it to a thin round shape using the back of the spoon, like how you swirl it for making dosa. Cook on both the sides. (Do not have to make it crispy).
- Prepare crepes using the remaining batter, you may get up to 10 -12 crepes out of this batter. Keep it aside. Make sure that the pancakes do not stick to each other, it might be a pain to separate them. Do not change the heat of the pan..
- For Coating.
- In a wide plate/bowl, beat the eggs and milk, add salt and pepper powder.(I found plate easy)..
- You can use a small or medium sized non-stick sauce pan/frying pan for the final cooking. With this you will get a cake shaped Chatti pathiri. Now grease the sauce pan with ghee..
- Take a pancake/crepe and dip it in "For coating" mixture..
- Place this as the first layer of the "Chatti Pathiri". Spread 1 to 2 tablespoon of the chicken filling evenly over the crepe.Pour a spoon of coating on the sides of the layer and press the masala..
- Now dip the next crepe in egg mixture, make the second layer, spread chicken filling and repeat the same as for the first layer..
- Continue doing the same, until you get the final top layer as the crepe..
- Pour the remaining coating mixture onto the sides and top of the crepe. Drizzle a tablespoon of ghee on the sides and top of the crepe..
- Hold both the sides of the sauce pan and give a small shake so that the coating gets through the sides of the pan..
- Cover it with a lid and cook on very low fire for about 30 – 45 minutes.In between check it. If you see the sides golden brown in colour, off the flame and cover it with a pla
te and gently flip it over..
- Grease the pan with 2 teaspoon of ghee, gently transfer the chatti pathiri to the pan, but with the top side down.This is done to get a light brown colour on the top side of it. Just cook for 2 minutes. Off the flame..
- Remove from stove and again cover the pan with a plate and slowly flip it over. Cool it down and cut like a cake and serve..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food 'chatti pathiri' – layered pathiri – indian lasagna recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!