Spanish Mackerel Curry.
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, spanish mackerel curry. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spanish Mackerel Curry is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Spanish Mackerel Curry is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Prior to deciding to leap to Spanish Mackerel Curry, you might want to look at this small intriguing wholesome ideas about Cooking Basics for Newbies
When it comes to cooking, it’s crucial to take into account that everybody started somewhere. I don’t know of one person who came to be with a wooden cooking spoon and ready to go. There’s a whole lot of learning which must be done as a way to be a prolific cook and there is always room for advancement. Not only do you need to begin with the basics in terms of cooking but you nearly should begin again when understanding how to cook a brand new cuisine such as Chinese, Thai, or Indian food.
Which means at any particular time on your cooking cycles there’s quite probably some one somewhere that is worse or better at cooking more than you personally. Take heart from this because even the very best have bad days when it comes to cooking. There are several people who cook for different factors. Some cook in order to consume and live although some cook since they actually enjoy the process of ingestion. Some cook during times of emotional upheaval among others cookout of absolute boredom. Whatever your reason behind cooking or learning to cook you need to always begin with the fundamentals.
The good thing is that after you’ve learned the basics of cooking it’s unlikely you will ever have to displace them. This means you can constantly develop and expand your own cooking skills. As you know new recipes and improve your culinary abilities and talents you’ll realize that preparing your own meals from scratch is a whole lot more rewarding than preparing pre packaged meals which can be purchased from the shelves of your regional supermarkets.
You will also find as your experience and confidence develops you will find yourself increasingly more often improvising as you proceed and adjusting recipes to meet your personal preferences. If you’d like more or less of ingredients or want to produce a recipe a little less or more spicy in flavor you can make simple adjustments along the way in order to achieve this objective. Put simply you will start in time to create recipes of your personal. And that’s something that you won’t of necessity learn when it has to do with basic cooking skills for newbies but you’d never know if you didn’t master those simple cooking abilities.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spanish mackerel curry using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- Take of A. Ingredients.
- Get 5 slices of Spanish Mackerel – fried.
- Prepare of (Rub Turmeric powder + salt on fish slices before frying).
- Make ready 5 of ladies fingers / okra.
- Get 1 of egg plant – thickly sliced.
- Get of B. Spices.
- Get 1/3 C of cooking oil.
- Take 1 tsp of mixed Indian spices (see Note).
- Get of C. Blend into a very fine paste.
- Make ready 1 of medium or big brown onion.
- Take 2 of shallots.
- Take 2 of garlic.
- Take 1/2 C of soaked & softened dried chillies.
- Prepare of D. Make into a paste.
- Get 1/2 C of Baba’s Fish Curry Powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of Baba’s Meat Curry Powder.
- Get of E. Seasonings.
- Take to taste of Chicken seasoning powder.
- Prepare of Note.
- Prepare 1 of . Mixed Indian Spices or Panch Phoran can be bought ready mixed from the store.
- Get 2 of . Panch Phoran can also be prepared at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed, nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full in this fish curry.
Steps to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- A – Rub a teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt (or use chicken seasoning powder) on spanish mackerel slices. Fry fish slices until cooked through. Clean okra or ladies fingers’ stem (the very end of okras stem) and place okra on a hot wok. Cook at very high heat, without oil, for few minutes or until just wilted. This is to reduce the sliminess of the cut okra. Next, slice the eggplant..
- B – Use store-bought, pre-mixed indian spices or prepare at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed and nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full of this mixed spices in this curry. Alternatively, just use a pinch of each spice..
- C – Place ingredients in C with 1/4 C – 1/3 C of water in a blender and blend into a very fine paste..
- D – Combine D in a bowl. Add enough water to make a soft curry paste, not too thick or too thin..
- Cooking the curry – Over medium heat, heat cooking oil in a big wok. Add B (mixed spices) and stir for few seconds..
- Add in C (blended ingredients) and cook until aromatic and translucent..
- Next, add D (curry paste) and continue cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes or until oil is separated from the curry mixture..
- Pour 1 1/2 cups (to 2 cups) of water. Stir to mix and add sliced egg plant. Cover and bring to a boil and eggplant is tender. Season with enough chicken seasoning powder. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Add okra and fish. Bring curry to a boil again and turn the heat off right after that. Dish up. Serve with rice, dipping bread or roti..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food spanish mackerel curry recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!