Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas.
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, green chile chicken enchiladas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Before you bounce to Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, you might want to read through this limited attention-grabbing wholesome guidelines about Wholesome Cooking Is Vital for Families
In regards to cooking wholesome meals for our own families, there’s always some degree of dissention among the ranks. The good thing is there are recipes that have become healthy but also the healthful nature of these recipes is significantly concealed. What they do not know in such instances truly should not attract harm their manner (outside allergies, which should not be discounted ).
Wholesome cooking is often difficult as most of us do not need to spend time preparing and planning meals that our families will not eat. At the exact same timewe need our own families to be healthy so we are feeling pressured to learn improved and new ways of cooking healthy foods to the family to enjoy (and unfortunately in some scenarios scorn).
Cooking healthy isn’t an overnight shift; it is a lifestyle change that should be implemented one step at a time. You do not have to get in your kitchen and through every small thing which you deem’Bad’ only work to never buy these items once they have been used. Make wiser decisions when purchasing fats for food preparation and you may realize that you have made a vitally important step in the procedure for incorporating healthy cooking and eating habits in your dwelling.
It’s those small steps you take towards your objective of cooking well balanced meals for the family which may matter a lot greater than any giant leap. Before you understand it that you will find that you all have greater energy and a much better understanding of general wellbeing than you’d have envisioned before changing up your eating habits. If that is not enough to encourage you however, you could always check out the excuse to go shopping for new clothes when you lose a size or 2.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have green chile chicken enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas:
- Prepare 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded.
- Take 1 tsp of kosher salt, divided.
- Take 1 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Take 2 of small red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and diced.
- Take 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- Take 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Make ready 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Get 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Make ready 2 cups of reduced fat shredded Monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese, divided.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of plain non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Take 2 (4 ounce) of cans diced green chilies, drained.
- Take 8 (7 inch) of whole wheat flour tortillas.
- Prepare of For serving: diced fresh tomato, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, as desired.
Steps to make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x 13 inch casserole dish with baking spray and set aside..
- If you chicken is not yet cooked: Place the chicken breast in a single layer in the bottom or a large pot. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt, then fill the pan with water, just until it comes 1 inch above the chicken. Bring the water and chicken to a boil over medium high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, then simmer just until the the chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 degrees F at its thickest part, about 10-14 minutes depending upon the size. Begin checking the chicken at the 8-minute mark so that it does not over cook. Remove the chicken from the liquid. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then shred..
- To make the enchiladas: heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan on medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and the onions become translucent, about 8-10 minutes..
- to the skillet, add the shredded chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly, then remove the skillet from the heat and let cool..
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheese, Greek yogurt and green chilies. Once chicken and veggie mixture has cooled to nearly room temperature, add it to the bowl with the yogurt mixture and stir to coat evenly..
- To assemble the enchiladas: Fill each tortilla with a slightly heaping 1/2 cup of the chicken-yogurt mixture. Roll closed and placed in the prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat for the remaining enchiladas. Pour the green enchilada sauce over the top, cover the pan, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 additional minutes, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with desired toppings and enjoy..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food green chile chicken enchiladas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!