Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, mike's chicken shish kebabs & tzatziki sauce. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Prior to deciding to leap to Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce, you might want to read through this small interesting balanced strategies about Nutritious Cooking Is Vital for Families
In regards to cooking healthy meals for our families, there’s always some amount of dissention among the positions. The fantastic thing is there are recipes that are very healthy but the healthy temperament of these recipes is somewhat disguised. What they do not know in such instances truly should not attract harm their manner (outside of allergies, which should never be ignored).
Nutritious cooking can be difficult as most of us do not need to spend some time planning and preparing meals that our own families will not eat. At precisely the exact same time, we need our own families to be healthier so we are feeling compelled to learn new and improved methods of cooking healthy foods to the family to love (and regrettably in some cases scorn).
Cooking healthy isn’t an overnight shift; it is a lifestyle change that should really be implemented one step at a time. You do not need to get in your kitchen and through every tiny thing you deem’unhealthy’ just work to never buy these items after they’ve been used. Make wiser decisions when purchasing carbs for food preparation and you will find that you’ve made a vitally important stage in the procedure for integrating healthful eating and cooking habits in your house.
It’s those little actions that you take towards your objective of cooking well balanced meals for your family which may matter a lot more than any giant leap. Before you know it you may discover that you all have more energy and a better sense of overall health than you would have envisioned before changing your eating habits. If this is not sufficient to encourage you however, you can check out the excuse to go shopping for new clothes when you drop a size or two.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook mike's chicken shish kebabs & tzatziki sauce using 46 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce:
- Get of ● For The Meat.
- Take 3 Pounds of Fresh Chicken Breast [de-boned – fat trimmed – 1.5" cubed].
- Get of ● For The Brine.
- Make ready 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- Take 1/4 Cup of Salt.
- Make ready 6 Drops of Liquid Smoke [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder [+ reserves for marinade].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Ground Cumin [+ reserves for marinade].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground Pepper [+ reserves for marinade].
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Each Dried Cilantro, Dried Chives & Dried Parsley [+ reserves for marinade].
- Get 1 tbsp of Paprika [+ reserves for marinade].
- Make ready 1 tsp of Lemon Pepper [+ reserves for marinade].
- Take of ● For The Fresh Vegetables.
- Prepare 3 of LG Vidalia Onions [quartered – reserve 1 for chicken scewers].
- Get 1 of Purple Onion [quartered].
- Make ready 1 of LG Yellow Bell Pepper [1.5" chop].
- Get 1 of LG Red Bell Pepper [1.5" chop].
- Take 2 of LG Green Bell Peppers [1.5" chop].
- Get 2 Boxes of LG Mushrooms [left whole – white & brown].
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Cilantro Leaves [for serving].
- Take 1 of LG Zucchini [1.5" chop – optional].
- Prepare 1 of LG Eggplant [1.5" chop – optional].
- Prepare of ● For The Bread Options.
- Take as needed of LG Fresh Garlic Naan Bread.
- Get as needed of LG Fresh Thick Flour Tortillas.
- Make ready of ● For The Tzatziki Sauce [DILL-ICIOUS!].
- Get 2 of EX LG Garden Cucumbers [peeled – de-seeded – shreaded].
- Get 1 tsp of Course Sea Salt [to help drain cucumber fluids].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fresh Dill [+ reserves for garnish].
- Take 24 oz of Fresh Sour Cream.
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Fresh Greek Pain Yogurt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Lemon Juice [+ 1 tbsp Lemon Zest].
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Fresh Chives [minced].
- Get 1 of Small English Cucumber [for garnish].
- Prepare of ● For The Additions & Utensils.
- Prepare as needed of Olive Oil [for coating chicken].
- Get as needed of Pam Olive Oil Spray [for vegetables].
- Take as needed of Metal Scewers.
- Prepare as needed of Cheese Cloth.
- Get 2 of LG Serving Trays [to keep chicken separate from vegetables].
- Take 1 of Pair BBQ Tongs.
Steps to make Mike's Chicken Shish Kebabs & Tzatziki Sauce:
- Two extra large 2 lb chicken breasts pictured below. ● Authors Note: When purchasing raw chicken, choose firm, never frozen, nicely pink colored, fat and bruise free, organic plump breasts for best results every time..
- Rinse your chicken and cut off anything unsightly. Place in a large bowl and fill with whole ice cubes..
- Heat up 3 cups water and add everything in the Brine section. Mix well and regularly until all salt and sugars are fully dissolved. Allow brine to cool off before adding it to your chicken and ice mixture..
- Mix brine with chicken and ice. Add enough ice cold water to fully cover chicken. You'll want your temperature consistently between 35° and 40°..
- Seal tightly and place in fridge for 4 hours minimum – 8 hours maximum..
- While waiting – create your Tzatziki Sauce. Peel, then half your cucumbers lengthwise. Spoon out all seeds and disgard them..
- Shread and place cucumbers in a strainer with 1 tsp course sea salt. Mix well. Let cucumbers set in the sink for at least an hour – stirring and pressing occasionally. The salt will help to sweat and drain the copious fluids within your cucumbers..
- Rinse, dry and chop your vegetables into 1.5" cuts. Try to be consistent with chop sizes for grilling continuity. ● Authors Note: When cleaning your mushrooms, gently wipe them down with a damp cloth or paper towel. If you rinse them under water, know they'll absorb all of that fluid and you'll end up with a soggy mushroom mess!.
- After an hou
r – place your shreaded cucumbers in [preferably] cheese cloth or, several sturdy clean paper towels. Squeeze tightly again and again until all fluids are strained. If not, you'll have a runny sauce. Add everything in the ● Tatziki Sauce section together, mix well and chill for an hour minimum. It's best at 2+ hours. Know that as it sits and chills in the fridge, it will take on another delicious flavor all together. Stir your sauce occasionally. Serves 10..
- Following brine – pull chicken from ice water, drain fluids and place in a dry bowl. Using paper towels, gently dab your chicken strips dry..
- ● Cut chicken breasts into 1.5" pieces. ● Place chicken back in bowl. ● Mix in just enough olive oil to fully coat chicken. Then, season [to taste] with your reserve spices listed above in the ● Brine section. ● Allow chicken pieces to marinate for an hour + in the fridge. I put mine into a Ziplock Bag for space sake but, it's your choice ● Stir or massage chicken occasionally. ● I'll marinate my chicken pieces overnight for fullest flavor..
- Feed your fresh garden vegetables onto your scewers..
- Lightly spray vegetables with an olive oil spray and season [to taste] with your reserve spices listed in the ● Brine section. Then, spray again to seal on dried seasonings..
- Thread your marinated chicken on to your metal scewers with a 1" piece of onion in between each chicken cube. This is an important step for #1: flavor and, #2: even grilling. Lightly season chicken again if desired..
- Clean, spray and fire up your grill..
- Ready your meat, vegetables and breads. Place your chicken on direct heat and your vegetables on the higher rack away from direct flames. ● Turn chicken regularly. Grill 20 minutes then, turn up the heat and char your chicken and vegetables. Know that brined meat is harder to char so, turn your heat up to at least 500°. Be careful not to burn..
- Meat on flames – veggies on top rack..
- Charred chicken and vegetables served in a large bowl. "communal style.".
- Extra large Garlic Naan Breads. They come 2 per pack. You'll need 5 packages. One per person should be enough to fill them up. Especially with a garden, or wedge side salad..
- Lightly spray your bread of choice on one side with spray Pam. To taste – lightly sprinkle on Cumin, Granulated Garlic and Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning and White Pepper. Then, spray again to seal in those delicious spices. Place on hot grill until bread is slightly charred. Charred, not burnt..
- Serve chicken and veggies hot on warmed, seasoned and charred Naan Bread. No garnishes are needed other than maybe some fresh Cilantro and of course, your creamy chilled Tzatziki Sauce. Oh, and you don't want to forget the ice cold beer! Enjoy!.
- It's so cool to get your kids to WANT to eat their veggies! Here's proof positive. My students wake at midnight only to reheat their Vegetarian Style Kebabs wrapped in warmed tortillas with their chilled Tzatziki Sauce! With that, GO TEAM MIKE!.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food mike's chicken shish kebabs & tzatziki sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!